If someone says Christmas market – I say “HOT WINE”. Its a good feeling than its chilly outside, but you are dressed in warm clothes, with million Christmas lights around you, and background sounds are filled with people laugh & Christmas songs. Top up this combination with of glass of sweet hot wine and a company of your loved ones. And that is that I call Christmas market. It really employs all human senses – sight, hearing, taste, smell and feeling… and creates this unique experience
I LOVE Christmas market as It delights people with so much goodness.
Nicely decorated shopping stands invite people to pick up unique art pieces: to wear, to decorate their home for festive season, to surprise a friend, or to make a little ones happy.
Additionally to local artists goodies there are many treats for food lovers: some of them can be consumed on the spot (this is there all the smells & laughs come from), there others make nice gifts 🙂
If you not into shopping – no problem – you are also covered. There are plenty other activities to choose from:
- Walk around while enjoying the beauty of all DECORATIONS & soaking up festive ATMOSPHERE. This is actually my second favorite activity to do after visiting food stands 🙂
- CONCERTS Check out Christmas market schedule and plan your trip when they have some performance. They usually have some at the weekends or closer to the Christmas date
- Put your SKATES on and hit the ice It is not available in all market – but it is getting quite popular
- CAROUSELS nearly each Christmas market have these for small visitors, but some treat bigger visitors with such attraction as well.
- FOOD & DRINKS, have I mentioned this one already ? 🙂 🙂 🙂
This year I want to visit: COLMAR/France (done), BASEL (done), ZURICH, PRAGUE, VILNIUS markets..
I told you – I love them (heart).. And it always advisable to do what you love …
I am planning to publish a short piece on each of them, but for now – please check out these short videos
Colmar Christmas Market
Basel Christmas market
(More details and pictures in the next post)